Thursday, March 29, 2012

Cycling Strippers

Are you that guy? The guy who used to wake up Sunday mornings and steal the comics and the sports section out of Dad's newspaper? The guy you doodled sports comics instead of paying attention in class? The guy who would generally rather take part in sports than watch them on TV or read long winded articles about others taking part in the sports you love? The guy who needs an extra chuckle about something non work related to break up the day?

You are probably not that guy, because that guy is me. For years I have followed many online comic strips haphazardly. Many times just seeing the really funny ones someone else has sent my way that somehow encompassed things I do, ie this one which I have hanging from the office door.
I generally use my self diagnosed ADHD to get super drawn into these comics for all of like 3 days and then let them fade into the wind until for some odd reason I decide to look again.

Then one day I read a tweet by @cyclelicious about some obscure bicycle shop talk. At that point I was working on my first year of cycle commuting to work. I was feeling very self righteous and I thought I was free and everybody should follow in my footsteps. In came the most perfect comic strip character I had ever seen.I was hooked. I have continued to follow this character and his friends ever since. Eventually I found that I agree with Joe the odd time more than Yehuda but I guess this is to be expected as I have a little bit of a competitive streak. I am starting to ramble here.

Anyway eventually I was able to get my hands on the 4 book set of the Yehuda Moon chronicles and there was just that something about the smell of fresh comic ink on paper that made reading the strip (much of it a second or third time) even more entertaining. Snag a copy for yourself, you wont be upset that you did. Also if you want to keep up with the all new adventures of Yehuda and Joe head over and subscribe to the daily strip on yehudamoon.com.I believe my #bikeschool co-hort was giving away a set of the Yehuda books too if you act fast. Anyway... I'm out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

egggman's Zazzle